Pinwheels for Prevention
More than a reminder— it’s a movement
In 2008, Prevent Child Abuse America® launched the Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign as a grassroots effort for individuals and organizations across the U.S. to take action. The campaign promotes healthy child development while raising awareness to prevent child abuse and neglect—before it ever happens.
An expression of #GreatChildhoods #GreatChildhoodsVA
Prevent Child Abuse America introduced the blue pinwheel as the nationally recognized symbol for prevention because it represents the great childhoods all children deserve and the prevention efforts that help them happen. Today, it inspires all of us to play a role in providing the best possible environment for every child to flourish and thrive.
Put prevention in motion with a pinwheel campaign:
• Organize a pinwheel coloring contest -- here's a template
• Plant a pinwheel garden -- here's a tip on easy planting
• Display pinwheels in store windows and local businesses
• Host a pinwheel craft class/activity for kids at a local library -- here's a craft idea
• Place pinwheels around your office or home to show your support
• Create pinwheel “bouquets” to help raise awareness